- The roof is inspected at least twice yearly (generally Spring and Autumn) and is conducted by experienced roofing personnel only.
- Notify the Roofing Contractor immediately after a roof leak occurs. If possible, note conditions resulting in leakage such as heavy or light rain, wind direction, temperature etc. Note whether the leaks stop shortly after each rainfall or continues to drip until the roof is dry.
- File all job records, plans and specifications for future reference. Set up a maintenance schedule. Record maintenance works as they occur. A detailed record of all parties working on the roof should be kept, in case damage should occur.
- Do not allow the installation of equipment without notifying and consulting the Roofing Contractor about the methods and details for these installations.
- Allow only authorized personnel on the roof.